Monday, April 20, 2009

I only have one more week and I am not ready to leave. I love it here and wish everyone could come and see this beautiful country. I am so thankful I got this opportunity to learn and grow as both a teacher and as a person. I am much more grateful for the things and people I have in my life. I took so much for grated before I left and it is my hope that I never do that again. I got a really insight into one of my students lives this past week when he got hurt on the playground. While checking him over I found many bruise on his stomach and back. In the states the laws are very clear about what to do in a situation like that however, not knowing what to do I discussed the situation with my cooperating teacher. Her response was, “Good, his parents need to give him a good beating, he is an out of control child.” I don’t feel there is a love for teaching here and while everyday is a challenge one would never guess that the teachers like their work. I hope that with the little time I have left here I am able to make each student feel special and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment