Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I had quite the day, I had a kid fall from the monkey bars bust open his leg and break his bone. Because of the HIV/AIDS issues here you have to be so careful and I do get a little nervous when I see blood. Other than that my day went well. I taught a lesson on colors and the students seemed to really enjoy it. I am sure my Love and Logic classroom management style is a huge changed from the yelling they are used too. It is a good thing I am not a yeller because I am getting sick and have lost my voice after school today. There is a guy doing his student teaching in physical education over here from Belgium and he invited me to a surf lesson later on in the week so I am very excited about that. Because Grade R doesn’t get physical education he said he would work with me to start a program on Mondays and Tuesdays mornings for my students. I spent this last weekend at a beach house in Pringle Bay on the ocean. It was so nice to have a warm birthday. My group surprised me with a cake at midnight and than we placed same games. It was a very nice and relaxing weekend. When we returned back to our house my host family had their own birthday celebration for me. On Monday (yesterday) we had an Africa version of angel food cake with ice tea out in the gardens. Yesterday, I also went to my first rugby game which was awesome. I am really not sure why it is not more popular in the States but it was exciting to watch. Stellenbosch one so there will be another game next Monday. I saw the biggest spider of my life the other night. If you go to Google you can look up African Rain Spider and that is what I saw. Even though they are harmless they are huge about the size of a softball with very long legs. Lucky for Kate and I our host dad was up and able to move it out of our bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment